From CEROG, GREFI and CESMAP to CERGAM
The CERGAM (Centre d’Etudes et de Recherche en Gestion d’Aix Marseille or Aix-Marseille Université Research Centre in Management) was created following the merger of three research centres: the CEROG (IAE Aix-en-Provence or Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management-IAE), the GREFI (Faculté d’Economie et de Gestion or School of Economics and Management) and the CESMAP (IMPGT-Institut de Management Public et de Gouvernance Territoriale or Institute of Public Management and Territorial Governance).
Today the CERGAM maintains the vocation of developing and stimulating research in the domains of finance, human resources management, marketing, strategy, information systems and public management. Recognized for its dynamism and research excellence, the CERGAM is ranked "A" by the AERES.
In 2014, our research center was the first research center in France for the number of thesis defended.
Our researchers are part of three different entities of Aix-Marseille Université:
- Aix-Marseille Graduate School of Management - IAE Aix-Marseille
- Institut de Management Public et de Gouvernance Territoriale - IMPGT
- Faculté d'Economie et de Gestion - FEG
The CERGAM regularly organises academic conferences, in particular, the International Research Seminar in Marketing (Sénanque Seminar, since 1974, which became La Londe Seminar in 1984) which is held every year. Since 1990, it has been split into two thematic conferences – the International Research Seminar on Marketing Communications and Consumer Behaviour and the International Research Seminar in Service Management – which are held alternately each year.
Every year, the CERGAM public management research team organises conferences, in particular, the European Group of Public Administration (EGPA), with national public partners (ENA, INET, CNFPT…).
CERGAM organized 30 national and international conferences between January 1st, 2011 and June 30, 2016. The research center served in close support of the 4èmes Etats Généraux du Management (Semaine du Management FNEGE, May 19-23, 2014) in Aix-Marseille. During the Semaine du Management de la FNEGE (FNEGE Management Week), CERGAM organized 4 conferences in association with French-speaking learned societies which gathered more than 400 researchers:
- 4th Annual Conference of the ATLAS-AFMI association (May 19-21, 2014, CERGAM organizer: Pierre-Xavier Meschi)
- 3rd Symposium of the Association Internationale de Recherche en Management Public (AIRMAP) (May 20-21, 2014, CERGAM organizers: Solange Hernandez and Bruno Tiberghien)
- 19th Congress of the Association Information et Management (AIM) (May 20-21, 2014, CERGAM organizers : Bénédicte Aldebert and Serge Amabile)
- 31st Conference of the Association Française de Finance (AFFI) with a guest lecture by William F. Sharpe (Nobel Prize in Economics, Stanford University, USA) (May 20-21, 2014, CERGAM organizer: Philippe Bertrand)
Main Research Domains
Finance, Human Resources Management, Public Management, Marketing, International Business, Strategy, Innovation, Information Systems.