The CERGAM (Centre d’Etudes et de Recherche en Gestion d’Aix Marseille or Aix-Marseille Université Research Centre in Management) was created following the merger of three research centres.
Today the CERGAM maintains the vocation of developing and stimulating research in management sciences.
Our researchers are part of different entities of Aix-Marseille and Toulon Universities:
- Aix-Marseille & Toulon Graduate School of Management - IAE Aix-Marseille & IAE Toulon
- Institut de Management Public et de Gouvernance Territoriale - IMPGT
- Faculté d'Economie et de Gestion - FEG
- Aix-Marseille and Toulon University Institutes of Technology - IUT Aix-Marseille & Toulon
The CERGAM regularly organises academic conferences, in particular, the International Research Seminar in Marketing (Sénanque Seminar, since 1974, which became La Londe Seminar in 1984) which is held every year. Since 1990, it has been split into two thematic conferences – the International Research Seminar on Marketing Communications and Consumer Behaviour and the International Research Seminar in Service Management – which are held alternately each year.
Every year, the CERGAM public management research team organises conferences, in particular, the European Group of Public Administration (EGPA), with national public partners (ENA, INET, CNFPT…).
CERGAM organized almost 40 national and international conferences between January 1st, 2011 and June 30, 2019. The research center served in close support of the 4èmes Etats Généraux du Management (Semaine du Management FNEGE, May 19-23, 2014) in Aix-Marseille. During the Semaine du Management de la FNEGE (FNEGE Management Week), CERGAM organized 4 conferences in association with French-speaking learned societies which gathered more than 400 researchers: ATLAS-AFMI international management), AIRMAP (public management), AFFI (finance), AIM (information system). Since then other organized events include:
- International art culture and management conference 2015.
- International institute of administrative sciences congress 2017.
- French HRM National congress (AGRH) in 2017.
- French CSR conference in 2019 (ADERSE)
- Philosophy & management conference 2018 (SPSG)
Main Research Domains
Finance, Human Resources Management, Public Management, Marketing, International Business, Strategy, Innovation, Information Systems.